One of my favourite ingredients to work with is ground beef because of its texture, flavour and versatility. Today I share with you one of my favourite dishes to make with ground beef because it is simple, delicious and comforting, Serve it up with crusty bread, corn tortillas or steamed rice for a perfect weekday dinner.
2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, diced
3 to 4 garlic cloves, chopped
aji – hot yellow pepper paste
1 pint of mushrooms, sliced
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow, pepper diced
1 orange pepper, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 cups of tomato juice
2 cups of water
1 can of black eyed peas
1 can of Mexican red beans
100 g marble cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Brown the onion and garlic in a mixture of canola oil and olive oil.
2. Add the ground beef and seasonings. Brown well. Set aside.
3. In ground meat juices saute the peppers, celery and mushrooms for 10 minutes.
4. Add the ground beef, tomato juice and water. Simmer for 30 minutes in medium-low heat.
5. Last add the beans. Stir in gently and simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. When you plate the Chili add a heap of cheddar cheese on top and watch the magic of melting cheese. Mmmmmm!