Hola mis amigos! Como estas? Yo estoy muy bien cuando voy a cocinar. Ayer yo cocinando chaufa con chicharrón. Okay, that’s enough of my Spanish for now. I really need to brush up. Sorry if I have offended any of my readers Spanish speaking readers. Lo siento mis amigos! Yesterday, I made a Peruvian Fried Rice with Pork. You can use any source of protein for this dish. It is a perfect meal to make when you don’t have a lot of time. Plus it is very comforting.
CHAUFA CON CHICHARRON – PERUVIAN FRIED RICE WITH PORK
pork tenderloin, cut into cubes
2 tbsp soy sauce
juice of half of lemon
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp or garlic and onion powder combined
1 cup of rice
2 cups of water
2 to 3 baby bok choy, thinly chopped
2 cups frozen veggies
1 tbsp fish sauce
1. Marinate cubed pork in the soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger and seasoning for a few hours.
2. Meanwhile boil the rice. For best results use a rice cooker. 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water is the perfect ratio. It will make about 4 cups of cooked rice.
3. In a very hot wok, heat the canola and sesame oil. Add the pork and stir continuously on high heat.
4. Once the pork is cooked through push to the side and crack the 2 eggs in the wok. Scramble vigorously. Add to the pork as the egg starts to cook.
5. Push the pork and egg to the side of the wok. Add the cooked rice along with the fish sauce and another generous dose of soy sauce. Reduce heat.
6. Start combining the rice, pork and egg. Add the bok choy. Stir continuously.
7. Last add the frozen veggies. It is a good idea to rinse off before adding to the wok. The water from the frozen veggies will add a little moister to the fried rice.
8. I like to serve my fried rice with steamed bok choy.