8 Indian eggplants, quartered, (sprinkle with salt and vinegar)
3 yellow peppers
3 red peppers
3 orange peppers, all cored and quartered
1 large vidalia onion, sliced into discs
3 large vine tomatoes, quartered
1 large garlic heat
salt, pepper, oregano
4 cups of tomato sauce
1. Let the eggplant sit in salt and vinegar until all the other veggies are prepared. This will take the iodine out of the eggplant. Sometimes, the iodine in the eggplant can irritated the gums.
2. Roast in an oven for 45 minutes at 450F. If you have a BBQ, barbecue them instead. The smoky taste from the BBQ adds another layer of flavour to the veggies.
3. Cut the top of the garlic, pour some olive oil on top and bundle up in a tin foil.
4. When all the veggies are brown and a bit crispy through them all together in a bowl with the dressing.
5. In a blender add all the roasted veggies and 1 cup of tomato sauce. Chop but to not puree. The sauce should be a little chunky.
6. In a medium sauce pan, heat the veggie sauce along with 3 cups of tomato sauce. Bring to a slow boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
You can eat this with pasta on its own or add meatballs or any other protein of your choice.