One of my favourite recipes to experiment with is Chili. It is so versatile. You can add any ingredients to make a scrumptious Chili. The main ingredient is some type of bean; afte that it’s all up to the cook. Last night, I tried Adzuki Beans as my bean base for my newest Chili. According to DR.OZ, Adzuki Beans are great for people who want to keep trim. This bean is loaded with protein; 19.60 g in 1 cup. Apparently, the body only absorbs half of the calories because of it’s high protein content. Rafael protested whilst eating the Chili, “This is your best recipe ever!” Give it a try and let me know what you think.
TURKEY & ADZUKI BEAN CHILI
1 cup of adzuki beans
1 lbs of ground turkey
1 onion, diced
3 to 4 garlic cloves, diced
1 cup corn
1 cup cilantro
2 cups tomato sauce
4 cups chicken stock
pinch of salt
1 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp paprika
1. Soak the adzuki beans in water for 6 hours.
2. Boil adzuki beans in a separate pot. Bring the water to a boil and then simmer for 1 hour on low heat.
3. Saute onions and garlic until soft.
4. Add the turkey and brown well.
5. Add the seasonings and mix until combined. Let brown for 5 minutes.
6. Add the tomato sauce and chicken stock. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Once the 20 minutes are over, add the corn and cilantro. Continue simmering for another 10 minutes.