CHOCOLATE HEART MINI CAKES
5 tbsp boiling water
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup agave nectar or 1 cup sugar
2 tbsp egg whites
2/3 cup olive oil
1. Whisk cocoa powder with vanilla extract and the boiling water to create a paste.
2. Stir flour, baking, soda and salt together.
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, egg white, agave nectar or sugar and olive oil until smooth.
4. Mix cocoa mixture with the egg mixture. Slowly add the flour and combine.
5. Oil or butter the pan and fill each heart with the cake batter.
6. Bake at 325F for 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Cut a heart shape out of card stock. When cakes are cooled down and ready to serve cover cakes with the stencil and sprinkle with icing sugar.