Some days you just feel like a sandwich and chips on a lazy Sunday afternoon. However, this is not your ordinary deli meat sandwich. Oh no, this is the extraordinary Sunday Sandwich made with real home cooked chicken and savoury dressing.
2 chicken breasts, precooked
1/2 cilantro, chopped
2 heaping tbsp of mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s Olive Oil Mayo)
juice of 1/2 a lime
1 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp hot chili sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tbsp oregano
your favourite sandwich bread
1. De bone and cube the chicken breasts into small bite sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Toss in the cilantro.
2. In a separate mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard, chili sauce and seasonings until smooth.
3. Pour the dressing over the chicken and mix well so that all the pieces are coated with the tangy dressing.
4. Cut your sandwich bread in half and spread a generous layer of the chicken mix and cover with the other piece of bread.
5. Serve with your favourite chips.