|Makaronia me Kima
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
This is by far one of my favourite dishes for several reasons. First, I love the texture of ground meat. Second, the combination of tomato and cheese is addictive. Third, it is the simplest dishes to prepare. At last, everyone in the family loves it too.
2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
1 large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp oregano
1 jar of your favourite tomato sauce (I chose a tomato & basil blend tonight)
100 g of Parmesan cheese or Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
1 bag of your favourite spaghetti
1. In a large sauce pan, saute the onion and garlic until softened. About 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the ground meat and combine with the onion and garlic. Brown well about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Add the seasoning and tomato sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, boil 6 quarts of water for the spaghetti. Once the water reaches the boiling point through in a good amount of salt and olive oil. Cook pasta for 11 minutes. If you like your pasta less al dente, then leave it in for 15 minutes.
5. Serve hot with a sprinkling of the grated cheese and a fresh Caesar or garden salad.