|BLACK BEAN CHILI
There is one dish I love to experiment with and that is Chili. To date, I have created a wide variety of Chilies; some of which I have posted on my blog. All chilies start with some of the same ingredients: beans, chili powder and tomato sauce. After that you can add whatever other ingredients you like. You can even explore using different beans. Each time, I make Chili it is always slightly different. Basically, I look in my cupboards and fridge to see what I can use to make a delicious and hearty meal for my family to enjoy. Last night, it was Black Bean Chili.
2 cans of black beans
1. In a large stock pot, saute the vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened.
2. Add all the seasonings and stir together. This helps the spices and herds to become more aromatic.
3. Lower heat and add the black beans. Make to strain the beans from the can. Stir gently.
4. Add the tomato juice and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Gradually add the water and the chicken stock. Simmer for 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
6. Serve over rice or with your favourite crusty bread.