|Saturday Night Scramble
This recipe was created out of desperation. Last night, I had the intention of making dinner as simple as possible. After a long day of teaching, my plan was to buy a roast chicken from my favourite supermarket and pair it with their yummy potato wedges and a crisp salad. Unfortunately, that did not happen because of time constraints. Desperate times call for desperate measures. When I got home and looked inside my fridge the inspiration came from these simple ingredients. Try it for dinner tonight or even for your next brunch.
1/2 cup of milk
1 bunch of spinach leaves
100 g of black forest ham, cubed
100 g of smoked Gouda, cubed
1/2 cup of pitted olives
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp mint
1/2 tbsp oregano
1. In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs together with the milk, salt, pepper, mint and oregano.
2. Meanwhile, in an oven proof pan, heat the oil and saute the spinach. Sprinkle with the garlic powder to season.
3. Lower heat. Add the egg mixture. Let it settle for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the ham, cheese and olives on top of the eggs.
5. Continue baking in a 350F preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes. * If you have a convection option on your oven, use that. It will make your scramble fluffy.