|THREE PEPPER BLACK BEAN CHICKEN CHILI
Here is another variation on the classic chili dish. This time I used three varieties of peppers and my homemade cilantro salsa that I made for empanadas. By far I believe this is the best Chili I have made to date. Give it a try!
2 chicken breast, boiled and diced
2 cans of black bean, drained
3 peppers, red, yellow, orange, diced
1 red onion, diced
3 to 4 garlic cloves, diced
1 cup corn
2 cubes of chicken stock
4 cups of water
2 cups of cilantro salsa
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp aji colorado (ancho chili paste)
1. I used chicken that I had boiled to make chicken soup from the day before. Cut away the bone and dice the chicken in bite size pieces. Set aside.
2. In a large stock pot, heat the canola oil and add the vegetables to brown for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the seasonings.
4. Add the beans and combine with the vegetables.
5. Pour in the cilantro salsa. Mix together for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Pour in the water and chicken stock. Simmer for 30 minutes.
7. At 15 minutes of simmering add the diced chicken. Stir together and continue to simmer.
1 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
4 to 5 garlic cloves
juice of 1 lime
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend together until smooth.