|Shrimp & Orzo Salad
200 g orzo
2 litres of water
1 lbs. shrimp
3 garlic cloves
4 stalks of celery hearts, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
1 can palm hearts, sliced
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp mustard
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp oregano
1. Boil the 2 litres on a medium sauce pot with olive oil and salt. Bring to a roaring boil before adding the orzo. Cook for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, saute the shrimp with 1/2 of the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Saute until pink and cooked through.
3. Place all the vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, the other 1/2 of the lemon juice, the red wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano to create a dressing.
5. Once the shrimp is cooked add to the vegetables, followed by the orzo (make sure to drain the orzo) and last the dressing.
6. Serve it at room temperature for a light lunch or dinner or chill and serve as an appetizer.