|Braised Chicken with Peppers & Olives
4 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
1/2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
3 peppers (orange, red and yellow), sliced
1 onion, sliced
3 to 4 garlic cloves, diced
4 large tomatoes, quartered
1 cup of pitted Kalamata Olives
1/2 white wine or sherry
3 to 4 bay leaves
1. In a deep roasting pan, braise the chicken for 20 minutes after marinating with the paprika, oregano, cumin and garlic powder. Set oven to 425F.
2. Meanwhile, chop all the peppers, onions, tomatoes and garlic and pit the olives. Set aside.
3. After 20 minutes of braising the chicken, remove from the pan to lay out the vegetables and olives on the bottom of the pan. Pour in the white wine and stir in the salt, pepper and bay leaves. Replace the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables. Continue braising for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, remove the lid from the pan and submerge the chicken breasts deep into the pan. Cover the chicken with some of the vegetables and continue braising in the oven for another 15 minutes. This will add some colour to the dish.
5. Serve it immediately with roasted potatoes or pilaf.