|Classic Chicken Empanada
with Frisee, Fennel and Apple Salad
Today’s lunch came to us courtesy of Eleni’s Empanadas. Paired with a fresh Frisee, Fennel and Apple Salad, Eleni’s Classic Chicken Empanadas are perfect for a light lunch.
Frisee, Fennel and Apple Salad
1 head of frisee lettuce, chopped
1/2 head of fennel, sliced
1 large red onion, sliced thinly
1 Granny Smith apple, sliced thinly
white wine vinegar
1 tbsp mustard
1. Wash and chop the frisee lettuce. Allow to dry in a colander.
2. Clean and slice the fennel. Add to the frisee lettuce.
3. Peel and slice red onion. Place the onion in a small bowl with cold water. Let it stand for a few minutes. This draws out the bitterness of the onion.
4. Peel and slice the apple into thin slices. Add to the frisee lettuce and fennel.
5. In a large salad bowl prepare the dressing. Pour the canola oil, white wine vinegar, prepared mustard, salt and pepper and mix well. Add the greens and mix until coated well with the dressing.