|Ham & Peas Macaroni Bake
Last night’s dinner idea came from my husband. Every now and then I am stumped with an idea for dinner and every now and then Rafael gives me an idea. His original suggestion came from his childhood days but I didn’t think it was too delectable. Then he suggested spaghetti with Al Fredo sauce. Well, then I took that idea and came up with this hearty macaroni bake.
1 box of macaroni
500 g of ham, cubed
1 cup of frozen peas
1 pint of mushrooms, chopped
1 onion, diced
3 to 4 garlic cloves, diced
1 tbsp basil
1/2 tbsp thyme
1 tsp mustard seed
1 bag of Italiano shredded cheese
4 tbsp seasoned bread crumbs
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups pasta water
1 cup of milk
1. Boil macaroni for 11 minutes.
2. Meanwhile prepare other ingredients. Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in a pan. Season with basil, thyme and mustard seed.
3. Place the macaroni in a deep baking dish. Pour in 2 cups of pasta water to moisten the pasta.
4. Add the cubed ham, frozen peas and mushroom saute. Pour in the milk and combine all ingredients well.
5. Add the cheese and mix again. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and seasoned breadcrumbs.
6. Bake in the oven at 425F for 30 minutes.