|Quinoa with Corn & Peas
This side dish was inspired by a recipe I received from one of the blogs I follow – Simple Recipes. To see Sandra and kids off on Saturday night, Rafael barbecued some chorizo. To accompany the chorizo I decided to try my hand at this delicious side dish. Once again, I made something that everyone enjoyed along with their chorizo.
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of water
1/2 cube of chicken stock
2 cups of corn
1 cup of peas
1 red onion, diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp cumin
1 cup of cilantro, chopped
1. Prepare the quinoa ahead of time. Bring the 2 cups of water with the chicken stock and olive oil to a boil. Add the quinoa. Lower the heat to medium / low and boil for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, saute the onion and garlic in a deep pan. Add the seasonings except for the cilantro. Leave that for the end.
3. Stir in the corn and peas and lower heat.
4. Once the quinoa is cooked and the water has evaporated add to the corn and peas mixture. Combine and add the cilantro.
5. Serve as a side dish to your favourite barbecued meats.