This dish was inspired by a recipe that I had received through my subscription to All Recipes.com. The original recipe is called Sesame Chicken Salad and it is to be served cold as a salad. Since I was missing two major ingredients in the Sesame Chicken Salad recipe, I decided to change it up a bit. First I substituted the sesame seeds for peanuts and instead of serving it cold, I served it hot.
|Peanut Chicken with Noodles
2 chicken breasts, sliced thin
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp chili paste pepper canola oil / sesame oil
1 package of noodles
1 red pepper, sliced thin
1 bunch green onions, chopped thin
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 cup chopped peanuts
1. In a medium size mixing bowl stir together the soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sugar, chili paste and pepper for the marinade. Add the chicken and refrigerate until ready to cook.
2. Meanwhile boil the noodles for 10 minutes if you are using standard pasta such as I did. If you are using Chinese noodles follow the instructions on the package.
3. In a wok heat the canola oil and add the chicken. Stir fry for 7 to 10 minutes on high heat. Push to the side of the wok.
4. Add the red peppers and onions. Stir fry for 5 to 7 minutes than gradually combine the chicken pieces with the vegetables. Lower heat to medium.
5. Ladle in the pasta once it is cooked through. Pour some of the noodle water into the wok to help the contents from getting too dry.
6. Lower heat to low and sprinkle in the cilantro. Taste at this point. You may want to add more soy sauce at this point.
Below is the original recipe from All Recipes.comhttp://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sesame-Pasta-Chicken-Salad/Detail.aspx#&panel1-2