The next time you are having guests over for dinner serve this refreshing appetizer. Ceviche Cups are simple to assemble. Basically you need a pan of ceviche and a bag of your favourite scoop style tortilla chips. Not only is this a stress-free appetizer to make but your guests will licking the serving bowl and asking for more. The combination of the zesty citrus juices, spicy pepper and fresh cilantro allow the tender flesh of the tilapia fish to cure to perfection for a few hours before serving. You can make more of the ceviche according to the amount of people you are serving and it is also diet friendly for those guests watching their calorie intake.
1 tilapia fillet, cubed
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
cayenne pepper (as much as you can handle)
salt (generous amount)
1/2 red onion, diced
Makes serving for 4
1. Squeeze the lemon and lime into a Pyrex dish. Mix in the minced garlic, cayenne pepper and salt.
2. Stir in the tilapia and submerge into the citrus juices.
3. Cover the tilapia with the red onion and cilantro. Mix gently and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.
4. At to hours into the curing process, stir the tilapia once more making sure all the pieces get submerged into the juices.
5. At this point I like to taste the salt content. You may need to add more.
6. To serve scoop the ceviche into the tortilla cups. Place about half of the ceviche into the scoops and the other half set aside for guests who are watching their carb intake.