There are times when I am stumped on what to make for dinner. Some tell me, “But you can always make something you have always made.” Yes, this is true. I do love a classic dish every now and then however I like eating something different everyday if I can. When I am at odds on what to prepare for a meal often I look at the ingredients stored in my fridge and pantry for inspiration. This recipe was created from one of those nights when I was staring at my fridge saying, “What am I going to make? What am I going to make?” almost as if my fridge is my Magic Mirror. “Fridge! Fridge in my kitchen tell me what I will make for dinner!” Within seconds the answer became very clear. “Potato and Sausage Hash fair Eleni”, responded my Magic Fridge. Here’s what you need.
1/8 cup milk
2 cups of day old boiled potatoes
1 bbq sausage link
1/2 cup salsa fresca
1 cup shredded marble chedd
1. Beat the egg, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside
2. Cut the boiled potatoes into cubes and slice the bbq sausage into thin slices.
3. In an oven proof pan brown the potatoes and sausage until heated through. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and sausage. Keep the pan on the stove top for a couple of minutes to allow the egg to start cooking.
4. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350F.
5. Before placing the pan in
the oven stir in the salsa fresca and the cheese.
6. Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.