Over the last several weeks I have been slowly going through my Nutrafarms order. Dish after dish I am very pleased with the quality of the meats Nutrafarms produces. The other night, I decided to try the Short Beef Ribs that came in my Beef package. Since we had ordered the sampler package I didn’t have too many pieces to go with however, I was able to make a delicious and wholesome meal that my family could enjoy. In this day and age we are made to believe that more meat is better but having just enough of good quality meat can make any dish seem sumptuous just on taste alone. I married my six pieces of oven broiled short ribs with my pan of roasted vegetables for a comforting dinner. Here’s what I did.
Oven Broiled Short Beef Ribs
6 pieces of short ribs
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp oregano
2 tbsp red wine
sprinkle of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Cover a baking sheet with foil before placing roasting rack on the baking sheet. This will help with the clean up afterwards.
2. Mix the soy sauce, cumin, oregano and red wine together. Brush onto the short ribs and marinade until the oven has reached desired temperature. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Broil the short ribs for 15 minutes on each side. Brush on the remaining marinade as you flip the short ribs over the other side.
3 Asian eggplants, sliced on a diagonal
2 red peppers, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced on a diagonal
2 sweet potatoes, sliced
2 to 3 tomatoes, sliced
4 to 5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp mint
1/2 cup boiled water
1. All the vegetables should be sliced about 1 inch thick to allow for even roasting.
2. Place all the vegetables in a large roasting pan (except the sliced tomatoes) and toss together gently.
3. Pour on the olive oil, Be generous. Add the seasonings; oregano, mint, salt and pepper. Toss to coat all the vegetables with the olive oil and seasoning.
4. Cover the sliced tomatoes on the other vegetables. Press down gently to and pour the boiled water on the bottom of the pan.
5. Cover with foil and roast the vegetables in the same oven as the ribs; 450 F for 45 minutes.
6. Uncover the pan after 45 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 425 F. Add the broiled short ribs on top of the vegetables and submerge slightly so that the short ribs are in the vegetable juices. Continue roasting for another 30 minutes or until the pan juices are reduced to half.